"Imagination is More Important Than Knowledge"

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

WERQUE x Job Search = Headache




As time passes each day, I'm putting in more work than ever. Why? Just getting in the flow of things so when I actually do get a job in my field no matter what amount of work they throw at me I will never get overwhelmed. I know where I wanna go in life, so I wont stop 'til I get there.

After coming back from DC, I been kinda refreshed so when I'm not at my part time job, I'm at home putting in work doing graphics or editing photoshoots. I've also been searching for jobs online for every job search engine I can think of. At times it can be a bit discouraging, its hard because the amount of jobs that actually fit me are very low, and the possibility of getting the job is slim for the fact that hundreds of other designers are applying for the same position.

On a brighter note, this morning I applied for two design jobs out in Atlanta, I pray that I land the job...at least get an interview. Both position pay between $55,000-$65,000/yr...amazi
ng pay, esp to be starting out. I'm gonna keep searching every single day until I get something. Once I land a position I will be ready to relocate. As far as a place to live, thats already lined up. Can't wait to get to the A, cuz I know I'm gonna have even more ambition to really get my name & work out in the city.

But until that time, I've really been working on Version 5 of my website...this will be divided up in two...portfolio & online mag/blog (haven't decided yet). I'm gonna go with a bit more professionalism with Version 5 (A Perfect Fifth), but it will still up hold to my unique style and creativity.

http://hollafashions.com

I also officially finished the design of the F.A.M.E. stationary (logo, envelope, letterhead, and business card) for Antwonne Pierce. So he is officially set to handle business with a very professional design & logo behind his name. Also finishing up the business cards & logo for clothing boutique Favor Fashions (located at the end of tiny town rd, near the Sonic fastfood), so make sure yall stop by there & check them out, they have some nice stuff in there (from shoes to clothes).


Recently, my account for Model Mayhem has been approved (as a photographer), so I'm gonna use this as a tool to network with models, photographers & etc to build my photography portfolio a bit more and get the word out on that.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/hollagraphy




Next month, my stock photography will be for sale online...I will keep yall updated on that (some nice photos with custom framing for your home). I will also begin helping singer/songwriter PrincessKENYA with her modeling portfolio, as well as having poster from our photoshoot appear in clothing store What Women Want (riverside dr., next to the BP).

I'll be in ATL for the 29th of this month to do the photography at Fusion the Band's show at 595 North Ave!!!

Until then, I'll just be here doing the usual..... "WERQUE" [thats my word for WORK for those who dont know lol]

http://myspace.com/hollafashions


1 comment: