"Imagination is More Important Than Knowledge"

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Young Holla x SEA x Wale x Jag Rose

What has Holla been up to? hmmm...Photoshoot with Legacy, photoshoot with Jag Rose, photoshoot with Stylistic, Photoshoot with J.Noble, Promotions for What Women Want CLothing & Accessories, CD Cover & Promotions for Stylistic, CD Cover, Photography & Promotions for The Movement, Art of Photography Show Entry in San Diego, Designing Tattoos, Promotions for Street Dreamz car club, and much more that I can't think of...yet if someone ask me what I been up to I normally respond "chillin" or "grindin" lol its all the same to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Currently, I'm trying to make up my mind if I'm going to do an Online Magazine or anything similar to it. And if so, I have to start with a name for it and it so damn hard to think of one right now. I will center everything around the name.

Photobucket

Lately, I've been hanging/working a lot with my homie Jag Rose. We are working on a mural on the wall of his tat room. So I'm def trying to get stupid-creative with it...(yea thats a word in the dictionary lol holla edition). We spent hrs on it here and there but it still a long way from completion...other than that I draw tats here and there for people that come thru the shop (I hate doing it, and yes I charge and YES 9 times out of 10 I will say NO lol).

Drawn by me:
Photobucket

Photobucket

My Side of the Wall(photo was taken weeks ago so its more complete now):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


J.Rose side of the wall:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Oh yea, check the new Myspace banner, yea promoting for the SEA Nominations again. Honestly, I really didn't wanna run again, not because I'm discouraged or anything, but I just feel I have nothing to prove. But in actually, I do have something to prove...and that is just because I want to be an inspiration...my goal is not at all to win, but to use this as easy promotion. If I win...great....if not then great because even just being nominated last year gave me the opportunity to meet some great people. Shout out to Deshun Smith (Photographer of the year winner & Janiro). Also lol Marty made me run for nomination again.

Photobucket

Finally bought another xbox 360...too bad the internet company can't come to install my net until July 26th (WACK!), but as soon as I get that, for all the competition out there...my xbox live name is "Holla 301" ADD ME! Then its WHATEVA in Madden, NBA 2k9, Midnight Club: LA, Fight Night Rd 4, or any other hot game thats out.


Never knew Wale recorded a vid for my favorite song off of the "Mixtape About Nothing"...even u haven't copped the mixtape make sure you check it out...either at his myspace or hit me up and I will def pass it to you.



Just in case you wondering why I promote the music so much. First and foremost, his music brings quality, but not just any quality...classic material that will still be hot 10years from now. He has a break-through sound to the industry, nothing new to us DMV natives, but thats the thing, the industry is not used to our sound, style or presents. A lot of ppl use the DC sound and style in their music thats not from DC. Now we got someone on the frontline to bring the face of DMV music to the world where it will actually stick. You become attached to any creative person when you see their progress over the years. I been rocking with Wale since I first heard the "Dig Dug" track in like 05-06...the first featured artist on my site (hollafashions.com). Since then, paying attention to his progression has help me progress with my own work...we all know that music is my motivation. It comes to a point where I can leave a song on repeat (ex: Nike Boots), sit there and listen to it 8hrs straight and murder any creative assignment placed in front of me. So with that being said my top 5 fav rappers are Jay-Z, Chamillionaire, Wale, Joe Budden and ______ (uhhhh we can just say that 5th position is left vacant for every other rappers I like) with honorable mention of Ludacris because of his charisma, creativity, and versatility...which are traits that I show in my work...*notice the influence?*

src="http://cache.umusic.com/web_assets/wale/banners/chillin-itunes300.jpg"border="0">

Also congrats to my main homie AJ for graduating from Morehouse in Atlanta, GA. Proud to see everyone in my circle progressing. Now its time to grind and show everyone that it wasn't for nothing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

During the graduation weekend I got the chance to get up with a lot of my DC homies I grew up with...lmao at this shot during a game of NBA 2k9...lol look at J.T.'s face in the heat of the moment lol I love the remote to my camera! EBAY INVESTMENT lol.

Photobucket

Oh yea...ATL was fun. BANKHEAD!!!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment