"Imagination is More Important Than Knowledge"

Friday, July 16, 2010

"Life" x Break to Build

Just went thru my photobucket from beginning to end, dang...that's like 3-4 years worth of [stuff]. Not just photography but random stuff that I thought was hilarious. It just shows me how time flies. There is a lot of photography in there as well, just about a piece of EVERY photoshoot I've ever done. I've worked with so many different personalities its crazy...I don't think no one looks at it like that. I don't count the amount of people I've worked with but the amount of personalities, and know that one individual is not limited to just one personality. With every character I come across, I look at God's work as art...well, because it is art. Its like we're characters in one big movie, that has its commercials, short films, tv series, sequels and more...I just know that I'm destined to stand out in my role. No matter if you're a superstar or a seat-filler, you still have a role to play in this movie called "Life" (not to be confused with the comedy with Eddie Murphy & Martin Lawrence haha).

But on the no bull, working with these many different personalities has allowed me to alter myself as well as my artwork in many different positive ways to present to the public. I never wanna be someone thats boring. So the ones that don't know me say I'm the quiet guy, and try to figure me out...and the ones that do know me say I got a smart mouth, and still in a sense can't completely figure me out. People like to copy, so why not give them something with substance & content to copy off of? So I live my life creatively. Do something just enough to get the attention of life's audience, and then put my own twist to it. "Flyer than the rest of em...ha"

The lastest character I've worked with was Ms. Carson in the previous Hollagraphy Shoot. Much like myself, she keeps a straight face in photos but in person does the total opposite. Be sure to check that shoot out. It started raining during the shoot, but she's a soldier, so no rain was gonna stop her party lol. Great chemistry working together during the session, so expect to see more work from the both of us. [Add me to facebook to view the entire shoot]

On to other things...
Version 6: Break to Build is currently in the works. Hopefully, I'll be winding to the final stages of it soon, its a lot of hard work. I've been working on it day & night so NO that does not mean its gonna take another year to drop lol. In the beginning stages of the site I was in a constant battle with self on if the design of the site should be extravagant or simple. Like Version 5: A Perfect Fifth, I went with the simple look; I want the work to speak for itself. The site will have new work (also some old work..design, clothing, photography, and illustration), videos, and I'm also bringing back the featured section of the site. The feature section will consist mainly of featured artists, some of which I already have listed from V3, and many new ones. This will allow me to showcase others of my choice that are from the DMV and other areas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment