"Imagination is More Important Than Knowledge"

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Atlanta x Dipset Byrdgang x PrincessKenya x Fusion + more

Got back from ATL this past weekend. It was a real spare of the moment trip due to the fact that Fusion the Band's show was canceled. Went out there on Thursday...chilled with PrincessKenya. Got the chance to go to Polow da don's studio, got to meet a young producer named Chase and rapper Al-Fatz. Chase's beats was crazy, real talented dude. I know many of y'all haven't heard of Al-Fatz, but I been listening to dude since like '05 or '06...got a couple of tracks by him, one with him and Lil Wayne. He a real cool dude with a lot of charisma and funny as hell. We was in the studio joking on his flow cuz he is from Cleveland but has Texas freestyle flow. Later that night after leaving Polow's studio, we went back to Fatboi (the producer)'s studio. Chilled there all night until like 3 or 4am, an artist was in there doing his studio session, the track was hot. Fatboii was in there with a stomach virus looking sick as hell lol, lol like a big ol' kid lol...dude is funny though. I was prolly looking crazy too because I was up all day, woke up at 6am and drove four and a half hrs to ATL, and chilled with PrincessKenya all day, running all over ATL til 4am. The next morning we hung out a lil more before I had to drop her off to the airport to go back to Cali. Her grandma was sad as ever that she had to leave (btw: she is like the nicest lady in the world! lol).



The weekend in the A was just getting started...though, I wasn't able to do the photoshoot with Fusion, we still turned it into a fun weekend. Everything from the movies to Parties...it was crazy! I also got the chance to setup another project for myself with the owner of a barbershop in the A. The barbershop is crazy...imma have pics for y'all at a later date, but it was a barbershop/salon...the setup is amazing. A tattoo palor in the back of it, and flatscreen PC's on the wall so u can use the internet while you wait! I really need to go back down there and get some nice photos of it.


A lil shout out to F.A.M.E. Promotions...my homie Antwonne is really coming up the right way. Doing something positive for such a small city. Throwing some of the best parties in Clarksville, TN. Lately, around the city I've been doing a lot of Event photography and allowing everyone to tag their picture on Facebook. Its been really catching on lately, so hopefully we can continue making this place a lil more fun than it actually is lol even after I make that move to ATL. Also big ups to Kinfolk Promotions, I did the photography for that party to nights ago, it was a great turn out! YES...I'm getting to the money lol!



Lately, as far as freelance work...I've been a beast, but as far as the actual graphic design job search...its been a headache. Its been stressful, discouraging, heartbreaking....anything...you name it. So until my time comes I'm going to continue to do what I do best and thats put in this "Werque" until I come up on something good. As far as freelance...I've been doing a lot of Event Photography, as well as Flyers (ex: Phi Beta Sigma, Kappa Party), and business cards for stores & music artists. Also a couple of weeks ago, I got on my second project with Dipset Byrdgang and so far everything is looking good. I'm not going to speak on too much about until everything is complete and when they meet with Jim (Jones).

No comments:

Post a Comment