"Imagination is More Important Than Knowledge"

Friday, February 20, 2009

Will x Hollagraphy Photoshoot x Opinions




Did another photoshoot 2 days ago with a music artist under TieBreaker Entertainment. His name is Will, he is a real cool laid back dude. This is actually my second time shooting with him because the first time I did a shoot with the whole TBE camp. This was the first time ever where I actually shot the entire shoot in black and white. Came out real nice...it actually made me only want to shoot in black & white from now on but we all know thats not bout to happen. I'm an artist and my artwork is made up of contrast and vibrant colors.







So far, the feedback on this shoot have been great. Only really one comment bothered me and that was "you should edit his bags under his eyes". My question is "why"? They said "you're a photographer thats in your job description". But my reply is "I'm not a photographer, I'm an artist." This was a raw shoot, a real life shot. So the only edits that were made was the brightness & contrast and slight bumps here and there. Taking away the "bags" from underneath his eyes would've taken away from how he actually looks, this is not a glamour shot and even if it was I wouldn't take that away completely. My style is the way it is because I make it that way. I'm responsible for my success from doing it my way. I'm not saying that I am not open for opinions and critism but at the end of the day....Art is a form of expression...and I'm gonna continue to strive to be the best damn expressive individual the world have ever seen lol. Young Hollaaaaa baaaayyyyybbaaayyyyy!


No comments:

Post a Comment