"Imagination is More Important Than Knowledge"

Saturday, August 8, 2009

DMV x MM7

Up late once again, been grindin all day long since 6am...fell asleep about 9pm or so and work up about 1am...so I'm back at it again. But I realized all the work I have to do is finished lol. Damn its just in my blood to be doing something...so I guess I'll blog. Oh yea, and I'm still gonna post that lil DMV mix that I made in garageband real soon. I'm no producer but I just wanted to put something together to be a major participant on putting my city on the map, and no one can take that away from me. So the snippet mix will just be something to let out-of-towners know about the diamonds in the dirt. The mix consist of Wale, Lyriciss, Magnum Dollars, AB the Producer, Southeast Slim, Marky, Nando Mcfly, Trey Songz, Raheem Devaughn, Tabi Bonney, Uptown XO, Proverb, and Mambo Sauce. I wanted to fit more people on it, but I think thats enough for now because unfortunately Youtube only allows 10minutes. So if I decide to do another I will be sure to include a lot of other artists out of the DMV. I'm not really worried about how many views/listens I get, though still push it. I just want to do something to support the ones who work just as hard as me because they deserve it. DC, Maryland & Virginia's time is coming real soon, and when it does...it will change the face of music...I PROMISE! (Anyone that is around me all the time know that for a fact cuz I have put many on to more than just Wale).

Photobucket


Moving on to one of my favorite rappers...Chamillionaire.
Some people may not like it, but dude is in my top 5 DOA list. I been a fan since '98 (thats since I was like 13 years old, so basically going on 11years. He grinds like no other and the style is vicious. Recently, I downloaded Mixtape Messiah 7 disc 1 & 2. I'm waiting on the 3rd disc to be released. This is prolly his best body of work that I have heard thus far. Disc 1 has 26 tracks and he goes IN! From lyrics to flow to the harmony. He murders every track. I was def feeling disc 2 also for the fact that on disc 2...he went back to the old King Koopa. To his flow he used before it was "Chamillionaire"...when it was just "Chamillion". So I'm kinda anxious to hear disc 3. Sucks that this will be the last of the Mixtape Messiah series, but just like me...he is trying to go a different route and continue to set trends and be innovative. He will continue with a new series of mixtapes called "Major Payne" but the difference between this series and all other mixtapes is that all songs from now on will be all original. Basically, the mixtapes will all be put together like an actual album (original beats, verses, etc). Just something to give me more motivation and inspiration to spark my grind when I'm tired. Chamillitary Mayne!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




Oh yea...and for the record...
MY Top 5 consist of:

Jay-Z, Chamillionaire, Wale, Joe Budden, & ______(you know the 5th spot is open for rotation).

And thats just MY favorites of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment